I felt the Piantor needed a foot pedal, a glidepoint, some rgbs, and a little baby macro pad. So here we are.

I created an 8% tent solution and supporting wrist rests.

Then added a glide point to eliminate the need for mouse.

For meeting mode, I added this little macropad to handle all the volume and video sharing controls.

Then thought it’d be interesting to see how a foot pedal could be incorporated into the daily driver and possibly minimize keystrokes.

So far, a fun build, the glide point is a little tricking to get into scroll mode and for mouse clicks. Still reviewing those settings. The jury is still out on the foot pedel, I’ve never used one before so it feels a bit unorthodox. Thought I’d share.

  • Xariphon
    link
    fedilink
    59 months ago

    Forgive me being a total Luddite, but… What the heck is it?

    • @Buddahriffic
      link
      39 months ago

      It’s a custom input interface, does what a keyboard, mouse, and some extra buttons would do.

  • @just_cramblin
    link
    English
    39 months ago

    What have you got the foot pedal mapped to?

  • Ben
    link
    fedilink
    English
    39 months ago

    Thats definitely the least cantory picantor build I’ve ever seen. It’s so incredibly modded that i wouldn’t have guessed its a picantor. But it looks great and most importantly FUN!
    Great work and thanks for sharing.

  • Timception
    link
    English
    39 months ago

    This is what I call a keyboard enthusiast 🔥

    • @[email protected]OP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      19 months ago

      That’s a Ploopy nano pcb in a printed BTU base. I needed something more symmetrical than the original Ploopy one. I also used a 55mm trackball Kensington because I liked the size better.

      • kilted_cyclist
        link
        English
        49 months ago

        That’s my design! Super cool to see that someone made it!

          • kilted_cyclist
            link
            English
            29 months ago

            I actually started another project and then hit a dead end. Here is what I was working on. 7 button (counting the encoder click), pool ball, 3 btu bearings. Was built on an eliteC and a sensor rather than a ploopy PCB to try and reduce overall height and footprint. I just couldn’t sort out programming it so it got shelved.

            • @[email protected]OP
              link
              fedilink
              English
              29 months ago

              I was looking at doing something very similar, albeit with mouse micro switches. For the internals I was debating on

              BastardKB

              or

              jfedor2

              I eventually landed on Ploopy and qmk’d a kb layer for my mouse button needs.

          • @[email protected]OP
            link
            fedilink
            English
            19 months ago

            Ploopy BTU Print File

            I did alter it a bit, maybe enough to warrant a remix version. I split the model from two to three pieces. I found the distance between the sensor and ball to be very sensitive and a mm would take it from being great to being unusable. Since I used a Kensington ball and not a pool ball, having a third section allowed me to dial in that distance without having to reprint the entire top. It also removed an overhand that would have otherwise needed printing supports.

            • kilted_cyclist
              link
              English
              19 months ago

              I’d be interested in seeing the updated model. I did notice that my model was pretty sensitive so I just dialed down the sensitivity in my mouse settings.