Do you know of any websites that compare the prices and features of “cloud service providers”, in particular VPS (Virtual machine) offers?
So far, I’ve found this :
- https://vpscomp.com/ (found here)
- https://www.serverhunter.com/ (found here)
- https://en.metadedi.net/ (found here)
- https://cloudoptimizer.io/ (found here)
- https://github.com/baaastijn/ovh_pricelist (OpenSource, limited to OVH)
- Awesome list of Cloud VPS with price breakdown (last price update : 2021)
- A price list of curated VPS hosting providers (last price update : 2022)
- https://github.com/joedicastro/vps-comparison (last updated : 2017)
Comment about vpsbenchmarks.com
vpsbenchmarks.com s what I’m looking for, but I find it incomplete. For instance:
- For Scaleway, I count 4 plans on vpsbenchmarks, whereas I count 45 plans on Scaleway’s official website
- For DigitalOcean, I count 8 plans whereas I count 32 plans on DigitalOcean’s official website
- For Hetzner, I count 9 plans whereas I count 22 plans on Hetzner’ official website
I may not have searched properly, but I haven’t found a page that lets you compare VPS offers with identical features (Shared vCPU, Dedicated vCPU…), between two cloud providers.
Comment about vpscomp.com
I didn’t find Hetzner, OVH… on vpscomp.com.
Comment about serverhunter.com
serverhunter.com is my favorite service.
Problem: I only see the integration of OVH dedicated servers.
I couldn’t find OVH VPS.
Comment about metadedi.net
I understand that metadedi.net is limited to dedicated servers and I’m not sure about the update dates.
Comment about cloudoptimizer.io
For example, OVH and Scaleway are missing.
Where do I do my research?
I searched for this type of service on :
- I found this on Hackernews :
- reddit seflhosted
- Lemmy Selfhosted
My VPS comparaison service of dream
- With an API
- OpenData available (downloadable in csv, yaml or json format)
- When available, price fetch from cloud providers’ pricing APIs, otherwise via web scraping
- Price history view
- View to compare VPS benchmark results, for example, based on https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script
Do you know of a service that looks like this? If not, do you think it should exist?